HybridZ

To replace or not replace the clutch...

OK, here's my situation. I have a trans heading my way from G-force (yippee), My clutch has been holding fine but I planned on upgrading since I will be right there anyway. I am running my car at Super Chevy on Sep 29 in San Antonio (anybody care to join me?), anyway, from what I have read on any of the performance clutches, they have a 500-600 mile break in. I will do good to have 200 miles on it before this event. Am I better off leaving the old clutch in there or running a new one without proper break in?

And no, I haven't decided which clutch I want, have looked into spec and centerforce and found good and bad on both. Don't want this thread to turn into a brand debate as there is plenty of that to read about already. Unless someone has a sugestion on one that does not require as long to break in!

thanks

Jeff

If you can't break it in at least close to 500 miles, I'd leave the old one in. Besides, at this Super Chevy event, if you destroy your old clutch(are you planning on racing or something?), it's all good because you have a new one. It doesn't make sense to risk breaking a new clutch like that. That's my 21 pesos.