HybridZ

Weber DCNF on a DGV mount

Tekira

Hi, I switched back to my SU's from my triples and they have no power and are badley worn. I have been looking at alternatives to the su's besides the triples. I know weber makes a kit for the datsun to make them run the twin 32/36 5a dgv's, but that seems a little small. I know they make a 38mm dgv type that fits the same manifold.

My question is will the weber 40 dcnf bolt on the same manifold as the dgv. Does it have the same flange bolt pattern and dimentions. I have looked at pics of both and they share the same square type flange on the back of the carb. If they can bolt up in place of the dgv i think this would be a nicely balanced set-up.

Weber guys, Help me out here.

Contact http://www.piercemanifolds.com or http://www.racetep.com for confirmation. I know that two 38's will definately provide all the air and fuel you'll need for a stock or lightly modified L6. For the cost of Webers these days I'd either rebuild the SU's with kits from Ztherapy or core them for a set of Ztherapy SU's. You'll be in the same ballpark dollarwise either way.

Why did you pull the triples? What were they?

I had triple mikunis 40mm on a hks mani from wolfcreek racing. i pulled them because i needed money to drive out to california. The power difference and driveabilty was so much better with the mikunis, but i want 1 less carb. So i figured that the dgv mani and the 40 or 44 mm dcnf would work out really nicely. ill give the guys at pierce a email.

To answer your question, the DGV and the DCNF share a very similair bolt patter but not the same. The good news is you can fit them in one of two ways. First if you don't car about hood clearence, than you can use an adapter that will fit one bolt pattern to the other. The bad news on that is that you will gain about 2 inches in height, well bad for hood clearence, good news for out of the hole performance. So you will need to SawZall a hole for each carb or do some type of cut and hack job to make them fit. But if you do the hack job you can make some nice air intake scoops on the hood to feed each carb or do an air box or something like that. That would be cool and original.

The second option is to make an adapter plate out of... oh lets say 3/8 inch aluminium plate stock. You are no longer looking at hood clearence issues but you will need to port your Cannon/TWM adapater manifolds to make it work at the base of the carb. If you look at the adapter manidold it is shaped to fit the two difference sized butterflies and they are much smaller 32 mm on the small side vs. as you stated 44 mm. That is a little over a cenitmeter not much but definetly a bit of material to remove. And you need to make sure you get the bores centered in the opening so as to not hender performance. A bit of planning but it can be done.

So, yes you can mount them; just depends on how far you want to take this project. Happy motoring, Mike.

P.S. I do like the Peirce injection throttle bodies. Get three of those with Megasquirt that too would be cool.