HybridZ

Shaved rear end

woodboxer

Can you post a pic? I don't know the details on what's under the bumper that you need to deal with. What happens if you simply remove the bumper and weld in metal to fill the bumper strut holes? Or do you want to remove the bumper cut out the rear valance and roll a flat piece of sheet metal to replace it with to totally smooth it out?

My vote would be to try and recess the bumper. Alter the mounts, shave off some of the top deck of the bumper, then mount it. It may take a little more than that, but I bet it could be done by a garage hobbyist.

Vinh,

Yours was the car I immediately thought of when this thread was posted. I remembered the yellow car's shaved back end, but I could not remember whose site I saw it on. Thanks for posting the link above. Nice work on the sweet blue car and the new LS1 work as well. Keep it up!

721840_89_full.jpg

Davy

I love the look of your yellow ZX. I remember seeing some pics of it a long time ago. Looks like your fiberglass work on the back cracked.. I did this , my first one craked just like that but The recent one I did all metal work, It's worth the time. Much more solid , will last forever....

thanks for the info thats coming in , that is diffently was I was thinking does anyone have any pictures of how to do it and any further suggestions, I would to make sure when its done I don't end up it cracking, so I guess the more metal the better.

thanks bob

I love the look of your yellow ZX. I remember seeing some pics of it a long time ago. Looks like your fiberglass work on the back cracked.. I did this , my first one craked just like that but The recent one I did all metal work, It's worth the time. Much more solid , will last forever....

do you ahve any photo that can guide me as to the best approach

tia bob

That crack is from my other Z hitting it. I had sheet metal behind the fiberglass. I had the front spoiler molded into the front fenders and I got hit many times and it still holding very good. This was my first car that I learned how to use fiberglass and it turned out pretty good. My next project can use some good fiberglass technics to hold fiberglass to metal.

If you notice carefully I also cut the stock hood and made the scoop out of it. I used fiberglass there and it didn't withstand the heat too well and showed a little crack there. Thanks to the airbrush you can't really see the cracks lol. If I have to do it over I will definitely weld some metal to form the shape and then use fiberglass to smooth it out. Good luck

Vinh