HybridZ

71 240z shocks

hey i got a 71 that needs shoks bad. thisn is i dont know how to take them off. i have rear diskbrakes on it from what car? not certain as i bought it like that. i will take pics of it soon. y cousin however told me that it might be the conversion from the oldre maxima but i am not certain as i said. i have detached the shocktower from the car ( 4 bolts on top ) and its hanging loose . however i cant seem to be able to get the SHOCK itself off since i can't find any bolt that separates it from the arm or brake thing. i would like to know if theres a link or a microfishe or some sort of VISUAL that will show me where the bolts go to get the shock of you know? or any picture that shows where the bolts are or somthing like that. i will take pics shortly after my cameras batery is charged THANKS

jose

Although John is undoubtedly right in his assessment, if you don't have the book yet, perhaps this web site will help:

http://www.biopatent.com/struts.html

Your Z does have a non stock rear brake upgrade. Have you checked the second sticky above to see if you can recognize the parts? If the stickies and searching doesn't do it, pictures may allow one of our members to ID the setup. (I try to keep a logbook of modifications for future repairs; otherwise, how does a person even buy pads?).

<>

cool well good news is o got the shocks off :) it was'nt as hard as i figured. i sorta missed a screw on the shocktower that sorta lockes the shock to the shock tube on the arm but il give u some pics anyways :) here they are E ENJOY

[url=

[url=

[url=

[url=

[url=

[url=

cool well good news is o got the shocks off :) it was'nt as hard as i figured. i sorta missed a screw on the shocktower that sorta lockes the shock to the shock tube on the arm...

Yep, sometimes all we need is a little direction and we've arrived. Just think things through and do your research. BTW, a FSM, even from Pep Boys or Kragen can really help things. I use FSMs all the time since I'm not tremendously astute in automotive repair. Where else do you get torque settings and the like? FSM!!

Davy

yup yup i was impressed it seemed pretty straight forward and common sence the screw was painted black too so it comoflouged with the shock tube no wounder it took me so lon to find it haha but i got it done now...

NEW Q

What is the best shock for these cars OVERALL longivility and performance. like better turning reaction and lasting shocks. also how do you know if ur shocks are good. i press mine down and its failry easy to puch them down ans they come back up really slowly. is that good ? how is a NEW CHOCK supposed to be? ( sorry first time changin my own shocks. NO MORE PAYING MECHANICS FOR ME!! :D )