HybridZ

5 lug conversion on a 79 280zx(S130?)

Guest loosenut

Guest loosenut

ok, i have tried to do some research and look this up in the threads allready,not only here but on one other forum,found some info on it, but, i am still confused because it is not made clear what the easiest way to convert to 5 lug wheels and brakes. ive heard complete parts(like 84-89 turbo or 86-89 non turbo struts) that will fit straight on,except for an alignment afterwards, as i am not staying stock. the rearend set up i want to use is a TT Z32 rear(with LSD) in my z,as i need it to be as strang as possible. im more worried about the front set up. please if someone has a link or an indepth parts list on what i need to get(the parts that work the easiest,basically minimal fabrication or none at all,lol) in order to do this set up it would be helpful.

ive also seen R32 swaps mentioned(for the rear),are they talking about the skyline? lol as i am in the us, so those wont be easy to get ahold of. like i said rear will be out of a LSD TTZ32(im not sure what years also had the LSD rears and were built strong). im new at building my Z i have had the car since 97 but im just now able to start the restore and building on it, its been inside a building for the last, almost 6 years.

p.s.- im starting to see my car is also refferenced to being a S130,am i right?