HybridZ

Alternator wiring question please read and respond ASAP!

Rumnhammer

Ok, really quick question on the RB25DET alternator there is a little diagram on the top that shows the S and the L with an outline of the plug, only problem is that it does not seem to jive with the wire color on the plug. So quick answer I need ASAP is There are two wires in the plug that plugs into the RB alternator one is white with red stripe and one is a aqua greenish color. Which wire is to the S terminal????? I'm wiring in the Yellow Z car alt connection and taking pics so this confusion won't happen again! I checked the manual for the RB and nothing! no pics on here of the RB alternator either! My assumsion is that the white with red stripe is the S, can anyone conferm this??

Chris Rummel

anybody? anyone who has done this swap please look at the plug as it goes into the alternator and see which wire goes to the S post or at least let me know which post is the S post.

On the top of the alternator the picture shows this (S/L) but that has the white with red stripe wire going to L, which does not seem right, from what I've read others post on here that it goes to S?

Please look at your car and respond, this is the last wiring thing I need, and then I'll post pics with all this so everyone will know.

Chris Rummel

I read your post on it, which is why I was thinking the white with red stripe is the S post. I think the RB26DETT wiring is a bit differnt from the RB25DET because the other wire on my plug is aqua greenish not blue and white. please look anyway, basically I need to know on the plug is it the front plug connection or the back.

Chris

Hey all, I found an old posting by Zcarnut on how to find the S post. Using a multimeter set on OHMs check both posts with the black probe to ground on the alternator body. The S post will be more ohlms then the L, and on the RB25DET wiring up to the alternator the S post is an aqua green color.

:D

With that sorted, on to the voltage regulator bypass! then pretty much done wiring.

Chris Rummel