HybridZ

Finally fixed problem with building boost

J Taylor

As I'm in the middle of reinstalling my nitrous kit for SEZ in 2 weeks I get the bright idea of playing around with my VVT. I have been running about a year now with it not hooked up and have been having bad problems with building boost in a timely manner. On my 10 sec pass I had a 13 sec reaction time but I was on the stall more like 17 or 18 secs which definately can't be good on an automatic. I hooked a power and ground to the VVT today and what do you know......10 psi sitting in my garage in maybe 5-6 secs. Talk about a load off. I have had the converter restalled and also changed the collector on my header trying to fix this problem and all it took was hooking up 2 wires. LOL.

Took it out on the street tonight and it's a totally different car. From a roll, boost comes on quicker and from a stop I have no trouble getting the car to leave. Think I'm going to hold off on the nitrous till after SEZ now. Pretty sure 550-600rwhp and low 10's are easily attainable with some good gas and a few more psi. Going to get it back on the dyno this week and play around with the tune and with turning the VVT off at different RPM's and see what works best.

Hope this old stock motor holds together.... :)

JT

That car sounds soooooooooooooooooooo sweet! The exhaust note was music, pure and simple!!! Your car is one of the nicest around!!!

Even 5 seconds on an automatic on the transbrake is really hard. On mine I wait until the first yellow comes on for a full tree and leave on the third yellow, so about 1.5 seconds.