HybridZ

need help

evans280z

You're thinking about installing a Megasquirt fuel injection controller on a carburated 400 sbc engine?

At the risk of once again getting blasted for this - you need to do some more reading and searching on this site - and you need to develop a plan for what you want to do with this car because your posts indicate that you are just shooting from the hip.

megasquirt works very well BUT-you should be very good with electronics and have a very good working knowledge of automotive efi systems before attempting an install.i have a as(2 year) degree in electronics,have ase certified master auto technician and work as a ford dealership tech.i installed mine while upgrading the whole car as part of a plan of attack to get the car to 21st century oem car standards.the install is clean but i probably have 10x the amount of time i spent on the car studying on the internet.some people buy ms because it is cheap.the ecm was cheap but the project adds up when you consider what needs to be upgraded to insure that it will work correctly.