HybridZ

Wierd noise part 2 ( Video included )

Alright since none of you answered my earlier post, I made a sound clip of the noise its making. The people at Westbay Auto Parts think that it could be that a vacuum hose could be leaking or that the intake/exhaust gasket could be leaking??? well here is the vid.

http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e220/Ghost_Recon88/?action=view&current=280zxfinal.flv

alright i hope that helps.

some ideas on what is wrong would be nice.

Double and triple check your vacuum hose routing. I had a noise very similar to this when I installed my new truck engine. It almost sounded like it was coming from the AFM. I screwed around with it for a couple weeks and finally took it to a shop and they found that everything was correct except two vacuum hoses were switched.

Doesn't sound anything like intake/exhaust leak to me.

is there any way you could show me or tell me where the vacuum hoses are. Im only 17 and i just started working on cars. Im gonna look in my hanes manual and try to locate them. Thsi guy on the zcar.com forum said that it sounds like it could be that the clutch fan is siezed up... could that be another possible problem??