HybridZ

Finishing up the TT350, a few problems

dr_hunt

John' date=' you have one too?!!! You sound just like me, motors everywhere and a monte in the shadow's.

Pic's?[/quote'] Last night we picked up a 88 S10 setup for a sbc or bbc, it has a nineinch with a strange alum center chunk 488 gears with a strange spool, ladder bars, coilovers etc.... And the price was wright. jerry:icon7:

S10_thumb.JPG

I got to tell you guys, putting this thing all together sucks. The engineer who designed this system ought to be shot. Obviously he never had to work on it. You can't get to any of the bolts or nuts easily, only a 1/16th of a turn at a time and sometimes you have to flip the wrench over to do that! Either that or it just all goes together one piece at a time in a certain sequence. Complete crap if you ask me. GRRRRR!

If the turbo's were farther forward of the engine, it would have fit alot better and maybe would have fit in the z.

I can tell that by the time this is all over I'm going to own a good tig welding machine and try my hand at fabricating some headers or exhaust for the monte and a z!!!

Seriously, there is a need for quality pieces for the masses.

Where is Thaagard when you need him!????!!!!!

Moridin: I have gear wrenches, your right, one of the best things I have ever bought. But, they won't fit, no clearance, in fact I'm having to use my snap on thin wall combo wrenches, which is why I want to shoot the f'n engineer who designed this setup.

Silicone boy: I can't imagine doing plumbing for twins into an intercooler on top of what I already have which is pretty simple. You must have alot more patience than I do!

Tig welder, I think it's time I started doing that. Might as well, have about every other tool known to man, except that, a bridgeport and a metal lathe. Does it ever end with tools or am I just dreaming in technicolor?

Moridin: I have gear wrenches' date=' your right, one of the best things I have ever bought. But, they won't fit, no clearance, in fact I'm having to use my snap on thin wall combo wrenches, which is why I want to shoot the f'n engineer who designed this setup.

Silicone boy: I can't imagine doing plumbing for twins into an intercooler on top of what I already have which is pretty simple. You must have alot more patience than I do!

Tig welder, I think it's time I started doing that. Might as well, have about every other tool known to man, except that, a bridgeport and a metal lathe. Does it ever end with tools or am I just dreaming in technicolor?[/quote']

I have a Nice Miller Maxstar 200DX I'm thinking of selling. Let me know if u are in the market for a Super Nice DC TIG

Moridin: I have gear wrenches' date=' your right, one of the best things I have ever bought. But, they won't fit, no clearance, in fact I'm having to use my snap on thin wall combo wrenches, which is why I want to shoot the f'n engineer who designed this setup.

...[/quote']

I'm sorry. That really blows. Gearwrench also makes some gearratchets that have a through design and are supposed to naturally have a thinner wall.

I know what you're going through. I'm pulling the tranny on the parents 03 Cobra. Whoever designed half the stuff on the damn car should be shot. Then again, it is a Ford.

I'm sorry. That really blows. Gearwrench also makes some gearratchets that have a through design and are supposed to naturally have a thinner wall.

I know what you're going through. I'm pulling the tranny on the parents 03 Cobra. Whoever designed half the stuff on the damn car should be shot. Then again' date=' it is a Ford.[/quote']

I had a state trooper approach me the other day asking if I'd build him a 460 ford, stock. As much as I think ass kissing to a local trooper is a good idea, I simply told him I don't work on Fords! Besides, I don't have time.

As for a welder need the AC/DC so I can do aluminum, but thanks!