HybridZ

Having trouble with MegaTune software..

KTM-EXC

I will start by saying I am very young and have no experience with this sort of thing and I am especially bad with computers.

I purchased everything preassembled from DIYautotune and have the PCB3.0. I havent even installed it in the car and Im already having trouble.

I am just trying to test out megatune and use the stimulator to make sure everything is working. My problem is I have no communication with my laptop and the ecu.

I have a serial cable(from DIY) hooking them together, I have the stim hooked up with a 9v battery. ON the ecu the first light is flashing the middle is solid and the last one on the right is off.

When I actually try to open megatune a notice comes up that says something like...

"The selected Communication port (COM1) couldnt be opened. To Fix this click communications-> settings and change th port, he click File-> offline to connect to your ecu"

WHen I get into megatune I tried com1, com2..... and it says there is no connection.

I followed the MSnS extra setup guide on the MSefi website.

I searched on the MS forums and there is so much information that I dont know were to start.

I WOuld greatly apreciate any help.

Thanks

Rob

I apreciate all the help, I didnt expect this many responses! I actually did have HOtsync running but after closing it, still no luck.(I just loaded the palmTune software on my PDA)

Iv now gone through and tried everything you guys just listed. The serial port was working with my PDA, so thats good, the cable is from DIYautotune so I would hope its the correct one. I looked in the megamanual and it says I need a "straight through" not sure what that means though.

I opened the task manager and nothing apears to be running that would use that.

Mario, I went through what you told me to and I think its all set, if it worked with my PDA does that mean its all set?

I ran throught the list of things on this website.. http://www.megasquirt.info/connect.htm and since I am so bad with computers, a lot of it doesnt make sense.

I have a couple of really dumb questions..

Is the firmware already loaded into the PCB board? I dowloaded the latest MSnS extra frimware and went through the download instructions but when it finally came to downloading it, it said something about a boot jumper? After searching I think I figured out what that is but Im not sure if its something I need to do?

I think my problem may be with when I downloaded everything, I probably messed something up. I keep going over everything on the Megasquirt websites but theres so much information its hard to take it all in, especially at my age.

Again thanks for all the help and sorry for all of the stupid questions,

Rob

When you first upgrade MS to MSnS you have to short out the boot jumper when you go to reflash the firmware. You'll have to open up the case and place a wire or resistor, anything to connect the two holes on the boot jumper. It's located right next to the processor, above the test area on the v3 PCB.

Do what I said again, but then go to the Port Settings Tab.

Megasquirt needs the following set:

Baud Rate

9600 - MegaSquirt

115200 - MegaSquirt-II

Data Bits

Stop Bits

Flow Control

None

I think you are referring to the MAP sensor. You will have to runn a vacuum line to the ECU box wherever you decide to place it.

Mario

Wow do I feel stupid... In the Megatune configurator I had it setup for MSNS extra but didnt have the extra firmware. And now I know how to load in the Extra code firmware after reading this... http://www.diyautotune.com/faq/troubleshooting_megasquirt_communications.htm#ms1flash

ALl the guides on the MS website were a little to confusing but that was easy to read.

THanks again for your help,

Rob