HybridZ

Autometer Tach

Alright I have been searching for two days now and have not found the info that I need. I bought a autometer tach for my Z, has rb25 swap. I have the tach adapter along with it. Everything is hooked up and getting power but i read that the yellow/lavender wire from the dash harness is the tach signal. Well i didnt get any signal at all and then I got info from another source that its yellow/red, and still no signal. When I start my car all the needle does is jump and then back to 0 RPM.:-( NEED HELP!!! thanks

you should have posted this in the rb forum. If you have an RB and a autometer tach you dont need the tach signal from the ECU if you have an MSD or Autometer tach adapter (which you need in order for a tach to work). Yo need to splice into the coil pack main power (the white wire that powers all six of the individual coil packs) and run the tack adapter in between that wire anywhere. then ground the adapter unit, send the signal to the tack, and your done.