HybridZ

New Project 73 z

Guest Crispy Chicken

Guest Crispy Chicken

Thanks,

well, right now its at mazworks in Orlando FL. I'm getting a 8 point cage put in it with a few extra bars here and there. I've decided to go threw the fire wall from the dash bar to the struts and maybe from the struts to the front frame rails. From what i hear the front end is somewhat flimsily.

I'm abscessed with small block v8's especially ls1's, ls2's and so forth. But, I decided to go with a 2jz gte with a getrag 6 speed. I figure it would be fun to keep a somewhat stock theme to the car. Inline 6, maybe painting it black, stock chrome bumpers trim etc. Maybe some zg flares.

I also was thinking about cutting the front end off and tubing it, stroked ls1 ls2 turbo, "big power with it barely breathing," yz kit, stick the widest tires i can fit in the rear. But after about a few hundred hours of thinking about it. I decided to go the other way and save that idea for the future.

After the cage is build I'm going to put it on a rotisserie and start blasting away and start whatever metal work needs to be done. Thinking about some corbeau black microsuede seats, pdk fiberglass dash "hope to see some at sez."

still trying to figure how i want to build the engine, stroker kit or not, high or low compression, meth injection, size turbo etc. What diff and gears to go with stuff like that. That's about all i have going for now. Hopefully everything goes smooth and i can finish it somewhat soon.

Derek

posted by Crispy Chicken: Hopefully everything goes smooth

I wish you luck with that one man, on a 30-ish year old car, NOTHING goes smooth...At least not on my 30-ish year old car. Nice project though. Those guys at Mazworks might convince you to do an SR20DET after you see their super fast 240sx.

Guest Crispy Chicken

600 bucks came with some extra stuff.

yeah, maxworks 240sx is quick. The cage in that car is beautiful. I watched it run a few times in Orlando. I love sr20's but its not practical for what I'm looking for. I heard they just recently cracked a block. I believe their pushing around 800- 850 HP at 44-45psi, spray to 998 or something. I would like to achieve that much power and be somewhat reliable.

I know these sorts of things take while to complete. I have a 64 galaxie 500 2 door fast back with a 429 big block. It needs a good bit of work. I've been staring at it for the past 7 years now. With the Z i plan on working on it until its completed with out stopping. I'd be happy to finish in a year or so maybe 5... haha

Derek

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Crispy Chicken

yessum!!! I lost count of how many door bar styles I considered. No matter what I end up doing. Added rocker bars are essential in my mind and just make sense. They look cool too! The cage is about 70% done, still gotta go threw the fire wall. I was bored the other night and posted pictures early. The cage should be done in the next week or so with engine and tranny in. Then time for frame rails!!