HybridZ

Final LT1 ?'s before i buy

I have a 1973 240z with a 280zxt motor right now and it needs a new head gasket and a clutch and i just dont like it and i want o put an LT1 in. Also because i also have a 1994 trans am and love that car.

Pass lock needs to be turned off before the car will run i understand that. What i need to know is if i buy the tunner cat software and cable can i turn off the pass lock by giving power to the ECU and "tunning" off the pass-lock. I do not have to do anything special.

I plan on using the JTR kit to mont the motor and trans the 4l60e. Will i have a problem with the A/c hitting the pass side frame, i plan on getting the a/c delete bracket from ebay latter but for the start will i have a problem.

Has anyone used the stock camaro or firebird auto shifter. does it come up at the same spot or near where the stock Z shifter is.

i have search and it is a wonderful tool, the only problem i have found is that most of the pics and web site links are dead now.

So if anyone has some great pics or up to date websites of an LT1 in a 240z please please please post them as well

The a/c compressor will hit the frame rail in the stock position on the F-body LT1. The Corvette motors have it mounted high on the driver's side of the motor like the alternator is on the passenger side. The a/c delete bracket also hits the frame rail. You will have to make a custom pully bracket that clears the frame rail.

You can look at my web site www.570z.com. The A/C delete bracket will fit, I'm using one with my setup. Are you talking about the VATS? I think you can program it out, use a resistor or some people just use the LT1 iginition switch. Search for 'LT1 VATS' and you will find a lot of information.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=113255http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=113255

Yes, you can turn the VATS off using TunerCat.

As stated above there is no way to leave the A/C in the stock position. Barts setup uses the A/C delete bracket and a gutted PS pump to route the belt.

I made a custom bracket that uses 2 idler pullies to replace the A/C and PS pump.

Here is a link: http://www.vikingds.com/zcarguy/serpentine1.jpg

I used 3/8" plate (I had it laying around) and bought 2 new pullies. Unfortunely I don't have the link to the place I got the pullies from but they're both 3".

I have no idea about the stock F-Body shifter but if it were me I'd get an aftermarket one.

Wheelman

correct me if im wrong but using the shifter from the camaro doesnt really have to be in the same position as the z since the shifter is not connected onto the tranny like the t56 right! also, bartman, did you have to shave off the corner of your driver side mount also?

correct me if im wrong but using the shifter from the camaro doesnt really have to be in the same position as the z since the shifter is not connected onto the tranny like the t56 right! also, bartman, did you have to shave off the corner of your driver side mount also?
Yes, my drivers side mount corner is shaved off to provide plenty of clearance for the steering shaft.