HybridZ

Quarter Panel Replacement quality

Careless

Hey doods!

I visited these sites here:

http://www.tabcobodyparts.com/html/167.htm

http://www.alfaparts.net/datsun.html

and I'm looking for quarter panel replacement. Most of the panels i see are just the lower part of the creased portion of the rear quarter, around the pillar where the emblems or vent holes reside...

are there any suppliers that have that entire panel from pillar to rocker and door to tail section?? i know it would be big, but that would alleviate some of the pain and agony of matching the curve that some of us would go through. I mean, that crease is the one that DEFINES the z's hoodline and it's character, along with the c-pillar that everyone knows and loves, but why dont they make it easier for people to replace it?! I'd rather pay 2 times more shipping than have to use filler to get that entire area correct.

are there any other suppliers? obvioulsy i did some sleuthing around here, but i cant seem to find any more suppliers. not to mention, the second supplier doesnt carry parts for the 70/71 Z.

what gives!

http://www.blackdragonauto.com/features/z/Z_1.htm

But as stated many times before on this forum. Fitment isn't the greatest. Its almost better to just hack and patch your existing panels. If its just the rear half of the fenders then its just better to just go ahead and buy another one (used OEM is best, even if the lower portion needs to be replaced [tabco]).

EDIT: another one (same site) with the rear sections.

http://www.blackdragonauto.com/icatalog/z/0021.html

Cut it:

1. C-pillar seam

2. Rear striker plate.

3. Rear valance.

4. Inner wheel well support.

5. Inner wheel well.

And then drill out all the spot welds at the rocker, door latch area, hatch edge, and any inner sheetmetal that you don't want.

Careless - I have a set of new 240Z quarters that I've been hanging on to for a while. They're reproductions but go from the door jam to the tail lights and from the rockers to above the upper body line. I've attached a picture of one that I put on a 1970 240Z. I removed about 2" from the upper part of the patch panel and welded it below the upper body line. You can have them for $250 each. I also have two sets of the 280Z style quarters for $200 each.

mopar69 - What mopars do you have?

Chuck

quarter3 L_thumb.jpg

Careless - I have a set of new 240Z quarters that I've been hanging on to for a while. They're reproductions but go from the door jam to the tail lights and from the rockers to above the upper body line. I've attached a picture of one that I put on a 1970 240Z. I removed about 2" from the upper part of the patch panel and welded it below the upper body line. You can have them for $250 each. I also have two sets of the 280Z style quarters for $200 each.

mopar69 - What mopars do you have?

Chuck

thanks every, and thanks cbuczesk for the offer.

I will get back to you. the 71 Z that the person im trying to buy from, i havent seen yet.

but he said that he was rear ended a while back and had a crumple at the rear and that it's about 1/4 of an inch higher than it should be, and a new rear driver quarter should be put there.. but i really don't think it will be all that bad, and im hoping it's not gonna require an entire new panel.

But if it does, i'll definately take you up on the offer.

mopar69 - What Mopars do you have?

Very sadley to say, none, I've ALWAYS loved mopars and was looking into a Mopar theyre arent many muscle cars that make high 20's mpg cause Im getting my license in Jan and couldnt afford a 440 6 pack. But I love my z just the same.

Has anyone bought from Tabco or Alfaparts? I have a 2+2 and need rear lower quarters, how much can be interchanged.