HybridZ

loose rocker arms

Guest digipalmz

Guest digipalmz

Here is my delima. My new engine starts making noise and backfire. I pull the valve covers and I have several loose rocker arms. I mean realy loose. I have made several adujstment. now I have two rocker arms that can not tighten down further. look like the push rods are shorten a bit . Did I wiped my cam globs or I bend several valves ?

My engine spec :

383 sbc aluminum head

16.1 rocker arms

comp cam magnum cam 292 with 244 duration and 501 lift

Either your cam is flat on a couple of lobes or you bent pushrods, Either of which is terminal and will require engine disassembly. If you bent pushrods, then you have issues with retainer to guide clearance, coil spring bind or rocker bind. If you wiped the cam, and don't have the oil filter bypass blocked your engine bearings may have to be replaced and the crank polished or turned, pistons may be scuffed, cylinder walls may be scored, etc. A host of problems sadly to say. Don't run it anymore, but it sounds like you've run it too much as it is. Remove engine, tear down and go from there.