HybridZ

Just bought a Honda - now I'm cool...

strotter

...If it couldn't get itself out to the local drag, run up and down the street for a couple of hours without overheating, and *then* perform some miracle of backyard-manufactured performance, it wasn't a car, it was a story. And nobody had any respect for a story. There was a built-in cynicism which is critical to differentiating "awesome fact" from "total bulls**t", something which seems to be distinctly lacking from many of the younger or more naive gearheads I come across.

Dang I love that paragraph. Just beautiful. :2thumbs:

Davy

I had a honda that I'm prety sure was in the 12's. I put an air filter and muffler on it. Man was it sweet. When I told people that my 1997 4 cylinder honda could beat them they called BS.

V-4, gear driven cams, and ITBs. Spin it up to 9000 RPM and it sounded awesome.

Until I crashed it, now the replacement will do 10's (supposedly 9's) and puts ~150hp to the ground STOCK. I've seen 97 mph in first gear. Never raced it or tracked it, but eventually.

God do I love bikes. (first one was a honda VFR, second one is a R1)

We have 5 Honda Civics at my house...yup 5. One is my 91 hatch turbo track car...non-running of course...another is my brother's EG with a B18 swap from a GSR (fun, reliable, and quick), a super clean EG that looked like it just came off the showroom floor for my sister to drive, another 91 hatch that I putt around in, and my dad's hybrid that he can use to commute in the carpool lane.

The cars may not be super fast, but they are reliable as all get out and are fun enough to drive all the time. I have fun taching out the 91 Si and not getting in trouble. Its just not fast enough to exceed the speed limit without quite a bit of effort.

For the 93, I'd do some fresh Bilsteins with stock springs and shift linkage bushings. It'll make the car that much more fun without sacrificing anything. Another thing to think about is window tinting. Makes the tin can much more comfortable on the hot days. They tend to hold a lot of heat in for some reason.