HybridZ

ls1 camaro dipstick

hi well put my camaro oil pan on my locally sourced GTO ls1 engine but now have a problem dip stick in the GTO slips into a hole in the oil pan but there doesent seem to be one in the camaro sump can any one tell me where the dipstick fits in the camaro ls1

also the camaro oil pan has a 20 mm hole in side does this do anything or should i just plug it

any help appreaciated

thanks Mick

yeah photo would be great have done searches for pic but can find one anywhere on net

looking harder i think theres a blank in the block on the what youd call passenger side think theres an allen key in the hole will try tomorrow was thrown when dip stick didnt go into the oil pan like the gto

2253430_52_full.jpg

#1 is the oil level sensor

#2 is where the dipstick tube goes IN the block

to the left and right you can see holes in the block near the oil pan that are odd.. i dont know what they are for honestly.

the place for your dipstick should be in the BLOCK also. the only diffrence in LS1 blocks that ive ever known of is the poor oil return in the 97-99 cars. as far as i know all 00-04 LS1 blocks are the same