HybridZ

Got my rb26!

noodl35

You guys have seen my posts before about my r33 rb26 engine in japan awaiting to be shipped and also my posts about getting n1 water,oil pumps for cheap as well as tension,idler pulleys. Well I finally received my r33 rb26 and it's SUPER clean. All tubes and pipes were all plugged with rubber caps. Shipping took 3 days from the guys shop in california to my house in oklahoma! I definitely recommend Karim on buying any motor from. I want to help members on this board find a reputable importer who gets the cleanest motors....especially R33 which are super hard to find. His email is r390sports@sbcglobal.net and i think his name on this board is racer98. He kept me up to date on the motor everytime I called him and emailed him. He even emailed me pics when it arrived at his shop in Japan and even relayed messages from the shipper's emails to me! Great customer service. Anyways on with the pics.....

sorry these pics don't do justice from when i first received the motor. These shots were taken after I taken some things off to inspect.

IMG_7329.jpgIMG_7379.jpg

IMG_7326.jpg

When you say "hard to find", you mean that are already in the States, right? There are four on Japan Yahoo auctions right now, and I have three just sitting in my shop. The problem with exporting expensive engines with a heavy shipping price is the condition of the engine. You never really know how good it is unless you take it apart. It can look brand new and have six smoked pistons (or worse). I couldn't bring myself to send an engine with a $3000 price tag on it plus shipping without overhauling it first so I know that it's good. That can add $1500 to the price. Even then, somebody that doesn't know much about tuning installs it and burns some pistons the first day, and they blame you. Not trying to scam; they really believe you sold them a bum engine because it lasted for less than a day. Then they bad mouth you all over the internet. That's why it's hard to find reputable importers; most of the good guys have decided it's not worth the risk to their rep, and got out.

BTW, when I buy engines brand new from Toyota/Nissan they only have yellow tape over all the openings, so somebody that sent your engine must care. That's a good sign.

Good luck on the swap!

When i mean by "hard to find" I mean that whenever I tried calling places for specifically an r33, all they had were r32s. I guess maybe they are more plentiful than I thought here in the states. But in my case I had to order it overseas from Japan. You're right, I don't truly know the actual condition of the internals but he gave me a compression test. Leakdown test I will soon do myself. Thanks for the comments.

Well congrats on youre motor. I have placed on order with Karim on my R33 RB26 motor last week. He really is a great guy with alot of patience because that all you need in this bussiness is alot of patience. Keep us posted on the inspection and also on youre swap. Oh btw how is the condition on the misc parts that he sent you, like the rwd pan and etc.