HybridZ

Texan No Mo'

Phantom

Bill,

The best of luck to you and the Mrs! I know Washington can be absolutely beautiful at curtain times of the year. Keep us up to date on the transition when you can.

Again, best of luck in the new position and in your Families relocation!

Mike

Well I'm glad it worked out for you! I really wish you had moved to WI though! I really wanted to see/ride in your car!

I had to do something similar a few months ago at my previous job. Basically they didnt want to pay me for what I thought I was worth so I switched from a Dodge dealership to a Nissan dealership and I should make $15,000 more this year with out actually working any more that I already was! I had no idea at the time that my pay would increase that much but I figured WTH I got nothing to loose! Best part is that the previous dealership that I was at is now going out of business because not long after I quite a few other good techs, parts guys, and sales guys also jumped ship and now the dealership is FOR SALE! HEHEHEHEHHE!

Like Mike said upper managment is stupid for not taking care of the good people! They just look at "well we can save some money on wages if we let one of the older employees go...." Good help is hard to find now a days and I think paying more for a good quality employee is better that paying 2 dumb asses to do the job you were doing by yourself!

Guy

Additional good news. We got an offer for our house from the very first couple that saw it for the full asking price. That is one more concern relieved. So far this whole evolution is going smoothly.

Interesting side note. The date they put down for desired occupancy of our house was the day Chris and I had finally decided was the day we'd be packed up and able to leave. We hadn't discussed it with anyone yet. Also had a mover out at the house to do a walk-thru for the pack up & move. He told my wife that a home our size averages about 18,000 lbs. of "stuff". Turns out we have about 26,000 lbs of 'stuff'.:icon56:

He also is a Z enthusiast and went ga-ga over the 280. He immediately told Chris that he was going to ensure that it had extra insurance and got 'special handling'.

He also is a Z enthusiast and went ga-ga over the 280. He immediately told Chris that he was going to ensure that it had extra insurance and got 'special handling'.

Images of Ferris Buellers day off comes to mind.

Sorry to see you moving Bill. I'm sure everything will work out for the better.

Good Luck in your new endeavors.

Thanks Spot. Been in the DFW area over 23 years now so it means leaving family and all the friends we've made over the years. This is especially hard on Chris as her whole life pretty much is the family. With all the things I have going I know how tough it is on me so she's got to be feeling it 10-fold over what I'm experiencing. Not sure I'll be able to make the club meeting Thursday night to say farewell with all the things I have to do. If not please let everyone know I've disappeared for a reason.

David,

Good thing I got practice towing my 280 up to your place. They want almost $1700 to transport my Z32 vert so Chris and I are going to rent a trailer for $310 and tow it the 2,000 miles to Yakima. At least I'll have a second form of transportation if I have any trouble with the Suburban!:burnout:

Well - I'm going where there are actually four seasons, where it drops into the 60's at night even in the summer, where the humidity is really low without much rain so every day is a Z day AND - no safety or emmissions inspections! And for you Texas guys I've been told to expect my electric bill to average about $95/month on a 3,000 sq ft all electric home. :-P Not to mention lower property taxes and lower homeowners and car insurance rates.

Well - I'm going where there are actually four seasons, where it drops into the 60's at night even in the summer, where the humidity is really low without much rain so every day is a Z day AND - no safety or emmissions inspections! And for you Texas guys I've been told to expect my electric bill to average about $95/month on a 3,000 sq ft all electric home. :-P Not to mention lower property taxes and lower homeowners and car insurance rates.

The inspection stuff is a must since I require it for work. :cool: But here there's everything, and Texans are big on motorsports year-round, so it's the perfect place to get my projects off the ground. Yes, the $200 a/c bill for September for a new 1350sq ft apartment is :faint: but I deal with it :haha: