HybridZ

Fuel Injection Nightmare!

Guest Mpower280

Guest Mpower280

I have posted about this issue before, but I have come further than I was there in resulting in a different kind of proplem. I had some issues getting power to the fuel injectors on my 78 280z, but now I have fixed that and now I am trying to figure out why they arent pushing fuel to the combustion chamber. I have an aftermarket fuel pressure regulater that I can adjust if need be, but I am trying to get it started at around 35psi. I reinstalled the factory rail along with the factory injectors. As I mentioned in my last post, I have cut and disabled the auxilary air regulater as well as the cold start valve. I know the computer seeks a signal from somewhere and has to locate that signal in order to fire the injectores. Where is the signal coming from? I am getting no pulse from the noid light. If this has anything to do with not having a cold start injector or aar, is there a way I can bypass it so that the computer consistantly reads a signal to fire the injectors? I know some of you have the "clean look" to your intake manifolds and I am trying to accomplish that thus being the reason for disableing those certain comonents. There must be someway those "clean" intake manifolds keep a car running.... Thanks!

Guest Mpower280

Re: Fuel InjectionAuthor: Hybrid77Z

Date: Sep 19, 10:34am

Make sure fuel pump is running and that super deluxo FPR is plumbed correctly.

Reply To This Message

:Rolls Eyes:Author: Tony D

Date: Sep 19, 11:27am

The blue wire that is standalone from the wiring harness is the ignition input signal. If you don't get an injector pulse every third ignition pulse (test procedure in the archives, as well as the ignition lead wire tracing and hookup) then something is wrong.

Do you even have a noid light to test the injector pulses?

My brother from another mother calls himself "Willie D"

Brothers in arms forever, Tony and Willie!

http://www.ozdat.com/ozdatonline/dat8060newb.gif

Reply To This Message

Re: Fuel InjectionAuthor: MPower280

Date: Sep 19, 7:41pm

Yes I have the noid light, I have been messing with it all night. I even reinstalled the aar and csv...Still nothing! I do not have volts to the distributer when car is in the on position. I think that might be the issue.

This i what was said on Zcar.com, but I am having no luck with it.

Bit misleading (and bad form) to post partial troubleshooting information you have received, especially if it's one-sided.

I'd suggest you get the FSM and do the component nad circuit tests contained therein. Start at the basics. Like I said there, if you won't follow suggestions and want to argue with what is presented, then I personally won't bother helping further. No time for that kind of round and round any longer.

I'm saying nothing more.

Good Luck.