HybridZ

I had scratches in my sides windows, can I buff out?

cyrus

Cyrus,

there is an outfit that makes kits for polishing glass and for polishng plastic headlights. I got their glass kit to fix some scratches in my wifes Z32 but have not yet had a chance to do it. When I get home tonight I'll check out the box and give you the details. Basically it's extremely fine wet/dry sandpaper disks used with an electric drill and lots of water.

Are you refering to door or quarter windows? What vehicle? You could be looking at aftermarket window tinting which could be removed. I don't know of any factory glass that has a plastic laminate on the outside. Even then, only the windshield is laminated (glass/plastic/glass) for safety purposes. There are a lot of people here with spare glass that is not damaged. As for your question, the glass can be polished to remove or reduce glare from minor scratches. If it looks like someone went to it with sandpaper you're better off sourcing different glass though.