HybridZ

clutch pedal, is it the same?

Guest 75blue260z

Guest 75blue260z

i have a 74 260z right now and it doesn't have a clutch pedal or a clutch cyclinder, my question is will a clutch pedal from a 79 280zx fit? or if not where and what year of the car can i get a clutch pedal from?

ANY clutch pedal from a 70-78 will NOT work. I converted my early 260z to manual and the pedal is different than the 240z pedal. I bought the complete pedal assembly from a 240z on ebay and the pedal angled differently, almost touching the brake pedal, wouldn't have worked without modification. I can't remember for sure about the 280z pedals, I lucked out and found an early 260 in my local junkyard.

My car is a 77 280, and the pedal I ended up using came out of a 260 (might have been late, I don't remember, but it had square SUs on it). I didn't get the brake pedal, I just used a cutoff wheel on the side of the automatic brake pedal that interfered with the clutch pedal, and installed some aftermarket pedal covers to hide it.

ANY clutch pedal from a 70-78 will NOT work.

I agree, I think the early first gen (240z) where different then later (280z) first gen. Don't know about the ZX. I have a pedal assembly from a 240? and the distance between the brake master mount and the clutch master mount isn't wide enough to accomidate the booster. Maybe the difference is power / manual brake related too...

The 260 probably swings on if it's early 260 or late 260