HybridZ

Went Skydiving this weekend. *pics*

240hoke

PrOxLaMuS©

Yep just the chute. Not the container or the other chute (reserve). Then you need a suit, helmet, goggles gloves, altimeter and at most places they are requireing an AOD (automatic opening device) sometimes refered to as a AAD (automatic activation device) incase you go dummy and dont pull.

The rookies usually buy gear that some one is trading off to upgrade but eventually one will have to drop some dough.

Your friend wouldnt happen to jump out in Longmont? Been there done that! Got a blow up shot on the wall when I was out at Longmont.

I also used to jumpmaster at the now defunck Sky Dive Colorado.

I think this picture is from the last jump I made.

skydive.jpg

It's what we call a Hybrid jump with some of us standing a couple of people belly flying. I got my picture in Parachutist magazine a couple of times and even made the cover of the USPA calender in 2003 (I think). I was way into it for a few years, but now I get more satisfaction from working on my car. I think I spend about the same amount of money, but I have something to show for it other than pic's and video.

Way cool!!

That would be me in the middle belly flying!!:mrgreen:

Yes I walk around with some pretty intense memories from jumping. But true that it is nearly impossible to discribe it to others even with pics. Being there is very special but hard to share.

Heres one..After the third pass over the DZ at 13500 we were committed to our five way dive. The other passes found us over a huge cumulus nimbus that was newly forming. It had parked right over the airport. This time I just timed the spot, called the cut and the exit. Five to eight seconds after exit we were spread out by a bad exit but already closing on each other when we hit the cloud!

Near instant darkness, dampness, and zero visability. I froze not wanting to crash into the other jumpers and rode out the fall. There was even lightning inside the thing. When we broke out the bottom at 3000 feet we were soaked and surprisingly at the same level about ten feet apart!! Seems we all froze in place. Note to self...dont do that again.

Here is a vid of some real crazy jumping. Enjoy!

http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=10977&cat=509