HybridZ

TT V8 kit for sale on EBAY

Price is cheap, somebody buy it before Cozy Z Cole does.

Shoot, I hope Larry does buy the dang thing. It looks like a "deal" if the parts are what he says they are. Man, I wish I had some throw around money. Since Larry quit smoking, he deserves this thing. His habit per year is worth at least that, no?

Davy

Send the payapl and buy this thing! Then install on the '33 Dodge, as you have more than enough room for the turbos. Might want to add wings as well, as the '33 would "fly" right over the top of the mud bog. An unbeatable combo! Go for it Doc!

Send the payapl and buy this thing! Then install on the '33 Dodge, as you have more than enough room for the turbos. Might want to add wings as well, as the '33 would "fly" right over the top of the mud bog. An unbeatable combo! Go for it Doc!

Too late, already gone! :cry:

Nope, that setup would have put me in a higher "blower" class, which, trust me on this, you don't want to be in unless your making 1500HP with a blown alky BBC. Sooooooooooooooo, I have a 4 bolt BBC, 427 steel crank, and Brodix BB2 heads. My plan is to build a 427 with as much compression as I can muster, good rods, around an .800 lift roller with 280/290 duration at .050, and spin it 8000 rpm as it's all about tire speed. The block is already .060, so I'll probably have to go .070 or maybe even .100 over which is doable. This is a throw away combination anyway that will maybe run 6 times a year, maybe 8 for 2 passes each through a 100 to 200 foot pit, which hopefully is in the 3 second time area.

I've been running 1-2-3 gears in the low side of the T-case which is about 74mph top tire speed. 1st gear in high is alittle higher speed than that and second in the high side would be like WOWSA! I've tried first on the high side several times, but the 350 won't rev out and hit the rev limiter. Just doesn't have the power to do it. If you can get it rev'd out, it'll stay there, just doesn't have the brute like a 406 would or a BBC. It's all bout stroke and bore baby!

My other thought was to build a 414 for the z and put the 406 out of the z into the '33. But the 406 still hasn't been worked out on tune yet, I think it has some more potential there. It needs bigger tube headers and with the new tig that will be a reality out of stainless. But a 414 would pick it up about 40 or 50hp which would put the z around a 10 flat here and around a 9 flat at sea level. It's just that the car NEEDS front end badly and to redo the ladder bars in the back to get alittle more tire, 10 inch slick, inside the wheel wells and lower the back ride height, limit the front travel and I think it should run 9.30's on what it has now, so more motor isn't always the solution to going quicker. I think the best money spent on the z right now is front end and rear end mods, lower the ride height and make it safe for my boy who will be driving it in a few short years. The goal is to keep everyone in one piece and have fun. Oh, and no I won't turn him loose with the 406 under the hood right away. He can start out with a mild motor first and work his way up.

Besides I may have the little 357 sold, a guy wants to drive the '33 first to see. He's building a '63 ford Falcon with a SBC and a 4 speed muncie M21. He says built ford tough with chevy stuff. If he buys the 357 motor I'll take video of that trans going into pieces with the first drop of the clutch!!!

Too late, already gone! :cry:

Nope, that setup would have put me in a higher "blower" class, which, trust me on this, you don't want to be in unless your making 1500HP with a blown alky BBC.

theres a tube chassis vette that runs at the track that usually wins the quick 8 class with a sbc and a intercooled 96mm (might be a 101mm though) turbo. the best i've seen him run was a 4.2 in the 1/8 @ 159. so you dont really need a bbc to make power but classes like that are dominant in roots blown alky bbc.