HybridZ

Low 2 no oil pressure

Zlovemachine

I need help guys.

Why do i not get any oil pressure on my turbo block. i have no leaks and the motor was recently rebuilt this year.

On the oil pressure gauge it mark 1/4 when cool like over night, and then when i drive it completely drop of the scale as the car warms up. It does rise back to about 1/4 when i start flooring the car. Then after I drive for more time the car temp start to rise slowly to 3/4 and stays there.

Is there something that i did wrong or maybe the rebuilders did wrong. I have tried a different oil pumps i though maybe the builders installed a n/a pump so i found a use automatic turbo oil pump from the junkyard and that too did not help. Is there anyway to know for sure if its a turbo a pump.

This oil pressure and temperature problem is really getting on my nerves!! Someone please help!!!!

Oil pressure problem could just be the sending unit. As for the temp thing, 3/4 is too hot. Have you checked the coolant to make sure it's full? Is there plenty in the overflow reservoir? Have you tried flushing the system to make sure it doesn't have an air pocket somewhere?

I have tried 2 different radiators. first was another 240z radiator rebuilt which i am currently using and a 3 row aluminum radiator which did not help the temperature. I am using 2 10" fans on the rebuilt unit this works the best for me at the moment as strange as it sounds.

For the other guy it is the stock units. I know they are not accurate but being that off i dont know.

I have no overflow reservoir, its a 71 240z. I put a whole container of coolant and clean water.

As for ----Have you considered checking the pressure at the sending unit with a analog thread in unit?----- I dont know what that is and i dont have money to buy stuff for test only.

Do any of you guys have any other suggestions, Pleas help THANKS!!!

It is most likely your oil prssure sending unit. So either replace it, or test your oil pressure with a mechanical gauge.

You can pick up a 1/8" NPT fuel pressure gauge that should work. You may need to fabricate an adapter between 1/8" NPT and the metric pipe thread. After you use it to test oil pressure, you can use it to test fuel pressure when you need to. Mine come in handy on occasion.

I now plan on replacing unit once i get paid!

Could the tempature guage be bad to if has always reads hot even if it never really over heats or boils!

My cousins z never get hot it doesnt even hit the middle most of the time, but my dam car always get to 3/4 most of the time. And my motor has been recently rebuilt!!!