HybridZ

LS2 Dyno Results!

oh.. i thought you had an LS2 also.. haha, yeah if you have a 99 i wouldnt spin it that high.

if you use ARP you are suppose to have the rods resized. lots of guys have put them in without resizing them, but i think they are risking it. i used katech rod bolts, more expensive but better imo

ps sorry for taking thread off topic

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh.. i thought you had an LS2 also.. haha, yeah if you have a 99 i wouldnt spin it that high.

if you use ARP you are suppose to have the rods resized. lots of guys have put them in without resizing them, but i think they are risking it. i used katech rod bolts, more expensive but better imo

ps sorry for taking thread off topic

I was mostly questioning things because I'd rather be on the safe side than sorry, so if I've heard that spinning too high was unsafe for stock LS1's, then I'd really really want a good explanation before possibly putting myself at risk. Now I see the explanation that things were changed later, so it's a good thing I questioned whether my motor would really take the higher speeds (since it turned out a 99 is a "bad" one). Not that it matters since it never sees above 4500 anyway. :o Past that it's just tires spinning unless I'm over the speed limit.

Overall just looking out for my fellow Z'ers. :)