HybridZ

Help to much heat under the hood

And ill try closing the cowl alone before i cut into my 700$ hood to see what happens after i ad the chin pan if it works then i will take hole cutters and try some holes that look like they belong ther thanks for the web related pics

jmortensen and thanks again to everyone else i guess many heads are better then one .

Ponder this 280 rear whell horse and 300 ft lbs of torque nail the gas off the line no holds bared tires dont spin ????Thats what my z does

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ponder this 280 rear whell horse and 300 ft lbs of torque nail the gas off the line no holds bared tires dont spin ????Thats what my z does

Well... back in the day I had a late sixties muscle car, small block, automatic, very light, not much heavier then a z. It didn't really want to spin up the tires either, but man would it pin you into the seat. People would tell me the front wheels looked like they were almost coming off the ground. Never really got beat, raced some bad a$$ stuff to...

What kind of tranny? rear? final drive ratio? (you didn't say in the original post)

The hood i have is a custom hood from california its all fiber glass with a 4 inch cowl induction scoop...

I would like to see a picture of your car, engine compartment, and hood.

It may be easier to diagnose the cooling problems.

Recently, I had to deal with a cooling problem on an RX7 3rd generation with an LS1.

It turns out the hood was the problem. Instead of air coming out of the hood at highway speed, air was going into the engine compartment through the hood, and not through the radiator. Sealing the hood vents cured the problem.

Scottie GNX also showed an example of hood vent problems on his car.

Again, please provide pictures.

I have noticed that the air tends to bounce off the hood and engine and come back through any place in the radiator that isnt covered with the shroud so i attempted to cover those spots didnt notice any difference .

The i sealed the entire front of the car off again and installed some sheet metal to cover the gap between the air damn and the rad lower support the only way air was going to travel was through the radiator well this made the problem way worse so i took the sheet metal pan between the air damn and the lower rad support and the temp droped 15 degrees ....

Then i ditched the clutch fan for a flex fan that seemed to keep everything at a steady 190 with a 180 stat soim thinking a direct bolt on fan like a flex fan but one that doesnt flex but sucks all the air it can .

How do i post pics to my replies and ill take some as soon as i can .