HybridZ

NA Z32 compression ratio

Guest Bkzfinest

Guest Bkzfinest

I've been looking everywhere but i can't find the answer to my question. I have an NA Z32 and the compression ratio is 10:1. I was wondering if it is possible to lower the compression ratio. And if it can be lowered, would it be able to be turboed and is it wise to do so?

you get the turbo pistons (the rods may be stronger so grab them too) and you'll get the turbo CR. Which is high 8's:1 or 9:1. You can also get custom 9:1 pistons if your going with alot of power, but the stock ones should be good for about 300-400HP with proper tuning.

The VG can stand alot of power so turbocharging isnt a problem.

~Alex

8.5:1 is stock on the TT's. Just FYI.

Need to do more than just swap to TT pistons. If going with stock TT pistons you will need to change out the oil squirters too. Or go with some aftermarket pistons that can use the spray pattern of the NA squirters. Obviously you will need to change out from the 370cc injectors too if you are going with anytype of forced induction.

While I'm sure there is quite a bit of info here on the VG's, even more can most likely be found over at twinturbo.net. We are pretty much only VG30DE and DETT over there.

You planning on running boost over 5psi? Intercoolers? What are your plans for fuel pressure requirements? TBH, getting a used DETT motor or a front clip is probably the easiest way, and with the costs of them, probably alot cheaper than fabbing everything up.