HybridZ

R200 front/side seals the same for all R200's?

briann510

I have a 86-89 skyline (R31) R200 LSD im putting new seals in and am curious if they are the same seals that z cars used in their R200 rears. parts place isnt listing a skyline as a choice in part numbers, only Z and ZX's of different years R200's.

I would think all R200 would have same size seals.

Maybe i need to match up the year of Z seals to the zxt cv axles im using and same for pinion flange im using.

Thanks Jon.

Weird how all the parts places (even Motorsportauto), lists different part numbers for the front seal R200's broken down in 74-89 z/zx, 90zx, early 91 zx and late 91-96 zx.

The side seals though are all listed the same thru all the years. I guess different pinion flanges were used but I mic'd my 2 I have from both my R200's and they both seem to be the same dia and everything else identical, altho different 4 bolt patterns on them (one is a round bolt flange off my old Z R200 I need to reuse to match driveshaft and the other is the rectangle 4 bolt flange off R31 Skyline 4.38 LSD im swapping in). To be safe ill just get the early Z seal for the old R200 flange.

PA140016a.jpg