HybridZ

Road to Arizona

ZDrifter

Alright! So Im finally in Arizona for school but what a drive down. First of all two days before I started having electrical problems...Shorts in the wire harness, ignitor fried....and sad to say it, the ECU fried itself... All of this two days before I leave. So I take it in get the wiring fixed and they cant find a ECU. Anyways after thinking that it was a lost cause of being fixed I found one in portland...very lucky. So I had it put in and I left for Arizona like 10 hours later then I expected to leave. It was driving better then it ever has, no sputtering, hesitation and its 110% faster then it was.(knock on wood that nothing happens from now on) But after 800 miles and going through the grapevine in california, I began feeling a lot of vibration. 20 miles south of my uncles house I pull over and check the halfshafts...fine.. Then I check the driveline...hanging by two bolts...yea not good. So we called for the tow to my uncles and I fixed it that night in the rain. I then left at 6 the next morning and finally arrived in Arizona. Got moved in and now Im getting prepared for school. I did see one other 280z on the freeway pass me, very good looking, silver, stock bumpers, anyone from this forum maybe? Anyways thought you guys would like the story and be thankful it wasnt you haha. But anyone else in Arizona Im letting you know Im here!!! And anyone know of Datsun/Nissan shops that are good for aftermarket parts or good for just general work let me know!! thanks

ZDrifter,

Welcome to Arizona.

If you are looking to see some cars, try the Pavillions at Indian bend Rd. and the Pima freeway (rock-n-roll McDonalds) on saturday eves.

You might see some of the desert z guys there 1st weekend of each month.

I'm in the Tempe/Mesa area.

Cheers, Mike.