HybridZ

Styles of CARB HATS for 4bbl

Guest Mike

Yeah... those ram air boxes are nice. I guess I should have made it clear what I need. I want to run dual quad carbs. I need either two hats that will fit together or a single larger hat with dual carb bottom plate.

Yeah... those ram air boxes are nice. I guess I should have made it clear what I need. I want to run dual quad carbs. I need either two hats that will fit together or a single larger hat with dual carb bottom plate.

Mike, are you going to be boosting the carbs? I have forgotten. If so, the Extreme Velocity units are pretty nice (as posted above), but made for single carbs. The Performance Techniques hats are a bit cruder in finish, but are half the price. They come in a number of styles and look like they could be connected to one another. If you are not boosting, use the one you're thinking of or one of the factory units like above.

Davy

Thanks Davy. I won't be boosting... just a bit of nitrous:biggrin:

Ah, then it comes down to asthetics, functionality, and price. It's all about what you want to accomplish! The smaller units reveal more engine, but I doubt they could compare to the larger units from RamAir Systems and the like. Still, the difference may be minimal in the greater scheme of things.

Davy

Thanks Davy. I think the smaller hats will be fine since there are two carbs. One large hat designed for two carbs and dual inlets would be okay too. The company that makes the Ram Air Boxes has an oval dual inlet model but I don't think they have a dual carb base for it.

• 6 months later...