HybridZ

350 water pump speed

Is there anyway to slow down the watter pump itself as to get the watter to flow the same speed at 3 grand as it does at idle in other words slow it down quite a bit ive tried restrictor plates but not much luck . The watter flows to fast at speed to cool off enough as i can never get the t stat to seal like it should and ive tried everything even ordered a new neck from chevy and t stat sealed it with silicone and such still no luck .

When i leave in the morn if i turn on the fan it takes 10 miles for the temp to hit 180 turn it off and about 2 miles of driving .

It's a common myth that water flowing too fast will not cool your engine well. Look at it this way, if 5 gallons goes through the radiator in 1 minute, cooling by 10 degrees, that same 5 gallons going through 30 seconds will cool 5 degrees. But, in one minute, it will have passed through twice (losing the other 5 degrees) for the same effective cooling rate. So, please banish that thought.

To your other problem, if you can't get the t-stat to seal, there must be something wrong with:

A) the intake manifold

B) the water neck

C) the thermostat

Be sure that the first two are perfectly flat and (IIRC) that the t-stat fits down into the recessed area of the intake correctly.