HybridZ

s14sr20det firing problem

Guest slick240

Guest slick240

i have purchased a kouki s14sr20det installed it into a 96 nissan 240sx, upgraded t61 turbo, fmic, z32 ignitor chip, full 3 inch exhaust... for some reason the car is running on only 1 piston.. i changed the cas sensor and bought an ecu but niether of them changed the way it is running.. my oil pressure is really high also, im not sure if the vtc solenoid is out but i would like to know if anyone has any usefull input. not one person in my city can find out what it is. oh yeah, the problem occurred when i down shifted and it sounded like one of the pistons stoped firing and the oil pressure went up to like 100psi while flooring it, i also checked the ignitor pulse from the ecu, and nothing from the ecu is showing up for three pins.. i did not know if maybe a bad sensor would disable the ecu from sending pulses to the ignitor or maybe a relay? fuel is ok also..

any info would be useful, thank you for taking the time to read this..

:(

Well, I can't help you on this one but, I can tall you that you're not alone in this situation, a friend of mine has an S13 and he have the same problem, the last 2 cyl. are dead and we can't find why so, if you find it first, let me know and I'll do the same on my side.