HybridZ

Help....My tranny bolts are gone What size are they???

LT280z

I recently took my motor to my builders shop with the flywheel and clutch still bolted up. I got my motor from his shop last week and the clutch and flywheel were in a box.....So i have searched everywhere i could think of and can't find the sizes of the following:

Pressure plate bolts:????

Flywheel bolts: ????

12X1.25X20mm Maybe these

Tranny Bellhousing to block bolts: different lengths??

Please help!!!!!!!!

I am trying to put my motor and tranny back in this weekend

Thanks

Ted

LT280z... I noticed you're new here, welcome. But let me be the first to say... and don't take offense please, but use the search function. There was just a post within the last week or so that folks discussed bolt sizes for the bellhousing on both the L-28 and SBC. It was in reference to bolting the engine to the stand so maybe search for engine stand. Try lots of different terms in the search. Also you didn't mention what engine you have. I can confirm the bolts for the bellhousing for a four speed are different length on an L-28. I think they are 10mm x 1.5threads but confirm. Length was 150mm for all except one was 175mm, again please confirm or if you can't find out I'll check when I get home. Pressure plate and flywheel one are still available from Nissan. Not a bad idea on such important bolts. Did the engine builder 'lose' the ones you gave him? Not a complete answer but some clues. Good luck!!

Yeah he lost them....

Dont take offense to this MomZ but how logical is it to search for engine stand when looking for tranny bolt sizes????

Im not new to Hybriz.....Ive been on the forums for several years...I just didnt ever create a user name....Anyway thanks for the help it will help out. My motor is a l28 w/225mm Flywheel, 1977 5 spd

Not very logical at all, I just thought it would help you find that thread. You know what... hang on

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=115555&highlight=engine+stand there you go

the thread was called 'Anyone know bellhousing bolt sizes?' When I typed in bellhousing bolts it came up third, your's being first.

I lurked for a long time to. no offense taken, nor any meant, good luck

Not yet...I am trying to find a stock tranny bolt so i can compare it to the one's i bought. The thread and pitch are right and they thread in fine...but they are not tight in the holes...I can take the bolt and put it through the tranny and shake it around inside the hole about a 16th of an inch. I dont know if the bolts are suppose to hug the hole through the tranny or if their is supposed to be a little movement????

you don't mean that when you thread them in they can move around right? You just mean the hole in the tranny bellhousing isn't snug fit right? If so, I don't remember for sure but it seems like the holes were not a super tight fit, the dowels locate the tranny to the block.

you don't mean that when you thread them in they can move around right? You just mean the hole in the tranny bellhousing isn't snug fit right? If so, I don't remember for sure but it seems like the holes were not a super tight fit, the dowels locate the tranny to the block.

Yeah, the bellhousing holes are oversized cause the dowel pins are what centers the trans shaft to the crank shaft (called runout). If you thread the bolts into the block and that wiggles around, then you might have an issue with stripped thread holes.

Exactly, The bolt thread is correct. I was just concerned when i put the bolt through the bellhousing hole and it was not a tight fit. I installed the tranny last night and as soon as i saw the dowels i knew there was nothing to fear...So thanks for all of your help with the problem guy's.