HybridZ

Started by-pass circut per JTR question

I decided to wire up my fuel pump the way that JTR has it set up, and I have run into a problem. The JTR manual says to wire the fuel pump up to the chrysler switch for and use the ingnition battery termianal from the distributor for power, whihc was no problem. It also says to wire the BLACK-BLUE (for 260/280Z) wire from the ignition box into the fuel pump wiring as well to get power while cranking. The problem I have is that the guy who had the car before my just cut that BLACK-BLUE wire off in the dash right as it comes out of the wiring harness under the passenger side.

Where does that wire go from there in a stock application? I looked in my shop manual, but the print is so small and blurry that I couldn't find this black-Blue wire in the wiring diagram.

Get a hold of a wiring diagram of your car, you will find that all the wires from every part of the car connect together in several plugs behind the glove box.

You find the wire you need on the diagram, follow the diagram until you find out what plug it goes to. Than find the plug and you can run a new wire from their.

I have a diagram for a 78 280z if you would like a copy.

Forces, if your SBC has a carb the by pass really isn't necessary, I did not wire one to my chysler sw., you will find that the engine builds enough oil pressure with a few turns of the engine to turn on that sw.

To test your set up, turn your ignition sw. to the on position (run position not start) touch a jumper wire across the terminals on the oil pressure sw., you should hear the fuel pump run. This will also fill up the carb float bowels for the first time, check for fuel leaks from the tank to the carb and your good to go.