HybridZ

to flashy?? to ricer?? or just right?

Guest fico

so i was bored looking through things online and i came across suicide hinges for the 240z and thought about it...i cant decide if i like it or not... here is what im planning to do to the car (exterior wise) let me know what you think...

The car is black

Dark Tint on windows

lowered on 16x7 black with chrome lip rims

front air dam and side skirts (havent chosen yet)

hood mounted mirrors (where can i find these btw)

I hate ricey things but lambo doors done right would look good on a Z. There are plenty of cheap kits that make the doors look stupid. Plenty of the great cars of the yester-years and current comes with some type of suicude doors. I have not seen a Z with one yet........

Guest 280ZForce

some actual pics of your 240z would be nice to get a visual. also, do you have a pic of a 240z w/ these suicide hinges on already?

i dont think the suicide doors would be all that cool w/ a sports car...buts that just my opinion.

go ahead with the tint, front air dam, lowering setup, and 16x7 black w/ chrome lip wheels (i got this and i love it!)

do side skirts only if you are going to match the height of them in the front and rear.

hood mounted mirrors? you mean fender mounted mirrors?

if so, you can find a guy on here who has them usually, otherwise you can find them on ebay every now and then. But get ready to spend over $300 on a set of those.

But get some pics up!

why are those mirrors that much??? thats insane...i could make them for less...i probably should...im a drafting major in college so i could probablypull it off....but yeah...i have no pics of the car because i dont have it yet ill have it in a week right now im just getting ideas for the car and everything.....

btw these are the rims that are going on it...(pix when they were on my ep3)

DSCN0156.jpg

Guest 280ZForce

it is because the mirrors were discontinued awhile back, so they are pretty rare and pretty much strictly jdm. any set you find are usually imported from another country as well. just 1 of those hard to find, rare original parts from the jdm market.

Sounds all good but I say no mirrors. More stealth clean with the tint and black color. A part from looks being sleeker I see really no use for them when its easy to just look over your shoulder in a Z driving. Ok maybe huge ones on the door or fenders would work way ugly. Small mirrors, can't see jack. It's not like you have a back seat and trunk to clear passing in traffic. With all due respect fender mirrors on a Z kills the long classic graceful front end. Just my opinion as an industrial designer in the biz....

I'll be doing gull wing doors on my Z, with the gull wing scallopped into the roof (that's the current plan anyway). Not because I want to... but because I'll have to in order to get in and out of the thing! Between the lowered roof and the door bars of the spaceframe, there isn't much room to get in and out!

As for suicide doors, I would like them on an old Mercury Lead Sled, but I'm not sure about a Z.