HybridZ

Z32 makes strange sound. Need help.

Guest Bkzfinest

Guest Bkzfinest

I got a Z32 not too long ago. I've drivin it about 10 times. @ days ago i took it out and i put the brakes on and i felt something on the front wheel on the drivers side. I also heard a loud clunking sound. When I let go of the brakes the car didnt move and when i stepped on the gas the car would rev up and then it would go after 4 seconds. When i got out of the car i noticed that the car was burning out trying when i was trying to take it back home. I think the problem is the transmission but im not really sure. Need Help!!!!

What was burning out??? Trying what???? Is the car auto. or manual???

You said you felt something in your front left wheel, that is not related to transmission, your car is RWD.

Jack the car and check if that front left whell spins freely.

Jack the rear and put it in gear "idle" and check if the wheels spin.

Were your brakes allready grinding when it happened???

Well, if the tires burn out, that means the transmission is sending power to the rear so, I can't see any other options than something blocking the front wheels, maybe the big clunk you heard when braking was a caliper slider that either broke or was'nt tight enough and unscrewed, this would cause the pedal to feel normal but one end of the caliper will leave the carrier and lodge itself aginst the inside of the wheel and block it, don'l laugh, I've seen it happen.

Could also be a front wheel bearing that seized.