HybridZ

The MOST Awesome Road

SpeedRacer

This is our first fall in east Tennessee so, along with my wife, we decide to go for a ride and see the fall colors. We drive a few miles Southwest and get on the Cherohala Skyway http://www.cherohala.com/ Great road, lots of mountains and gorgeous scenery. To complete the loop back home we get on Route 129 which contains a road known throughout the world as the "Tail of the Dragon."

318 turns in 11 miles AND THEY ARE ALL BANKED!!!! Absolutely amazing road!!!! You have to watch out for the hoards of motorcycles but it is an absolute blast to drive. If you are ever in the area you have to drive this strip of highway - and please give me a call. http://www.tailofthedragon.com/

speedracer: Check out this website:

www.zdayzevents.com

It is a Z car show at Fontana Village and you get to see 260+ Z cars on the dragon! I ran the dragon twice and scrubbed off about 10k miles worth of rubber! Gret road!

At ZdayZ 06 I met several Z forum people including 2003z, 240hoke, boostmonkey, Zrush, and a couple other people. Not all of them are HybridZ members but it was cool to meet them.

I'll try to come this year with a better looking Z this year.

I have a lot of family in that part of the world. My Grand parents came from Sweetwater. I was almost sent to a boarding School called TMI. Instead I moved to New Zealand. My family helped start up a summer camp called Telico mt. Camp. Might still be there, But its been a good 25 years since I was there. One of the things I remember is listening to the locals race up and down the back roads at night when we were trying to sleep. Certainly some wicked roads.

Douglas