HybridZ

Long stroke L28 using LD28?

ezzzzzzz

I used the Ozdat Engine Designer to create an engine with a wicked rod/stroke ratio and wanted to share. Parts picked.

LD28 Block

L24 Crank

N47 Head

Z20E Rods

L28 Flat Tops

1mm Head Gasket

Rod/Stroke Ratio:2.069

Bore/Stroke Ratio:0.857

Static Compression: 9.471

With a displacement of 2.569L and 0.000 Deck clearance. Might be good for a high revving option.

• 3 weeks later...

Comp ratio could be changed from 7.1 to 8.0 depending on the use of the P90 and N47 respectively (accompanied with L28 early or turbo dished pistons). Does anyone have any feedback on a set up like this? Any for foreseeable downfalls if built as a turbo engine (not really interested in N/A, even though 9.0+ comp ratio is great)? Any thoughts would be great, especially on the 2.1 r/s ratio.

Yes, it would move the entire engine assembly about an inch higher. What I was actually looking for were the cons vs pros of having that high of a r/s ratio without drastically reducing the cc's of the engine. I know that 3.1>2.8 and that 2.8>2.6 which ultimately means that 3.1>2.6, but I was wondering how the r/s and b/s ratios would help this become more of a 3.1 > 2.6.

• 1 year later...