HybridZ

Yes, another VH q. Is it too wide?

mario_82_ZXT

I've always wanted to do a smaller displacement v8 into a Z such as the VH45 or the 1UZ-FE.

Thing is I was originally thinking about doing the 1UZ-FE since it's scissor gear driven cams make for a much narrower package then the VH.

That said, does anyone know if the engine bay has to be massaged to fit a VH?

This is a long term project while I'm in college FYI.

Mario

Yea. So far the only measurements I have found are ~700mm at its widest (rocker cover to rocker cover) for the VH41. The same guy posted ~780m for the VH45.

VH41s are more expensive though. This will be a transitional project. First drop it in with the auto and factory ECU, then switch it to MS, then get an adapter plate for the z32 tt manual.

Mario

where are you oging to college at? I found quite a few in the sub $1000 range. some as low as $500. car-part.com is your freind!

I'm in Northwestern in Chicago but I'm looking into transfering to U of A next semester (don't know if permanent or not yet).

There is a steal on a Q45 in AZ.

Thanks for the picture. So it's about 27 inches? Thats almost 3in wider then an LS1, but I guess it fits. I wonder if the exhaust manifolds will clear the steering linkage...

Mario

Not sure about that because mine is going into an RX7, but the drivers side exhaust manifold is shaped differently to clear the steering rack on the Q45 so I don't see why it wouldn't clear one on a Z. The motor is actually just a cunthair over 26" wide, I was holding the base of the tape measure a little bit too far out on the picture.