HybridZ

2 much heat under the hood solved

gretchen/jason

So i went from jags That Run Radiator that solves all problems to a summit racing 2 row universal radaitor and the same fan on the same temp mornings 35 degrees and the same route to work same rpm,s and man get this only 175 degrees with a 180 stat !!!

Before with a 180 stat i hit 200 degrees with the 1 row rad . Now im going to get some fans and custom build a shroud that can pull at least 6,000 cfm of air to over come the static pressure from the front of my z .

Oh all these tests were done with no bumper no turn signal nothing but a hood and a radiator ,it seemed the more air i tried to force into the rad the worse it got the more i blocked the rad from the free flowing air the better it got doesnt make sense but it worked somewhat blocking air flow from the front end to the rad made my z run cooler go figure .

Jason

Man ya dont know for months it burned me up . Zmanco Castle rock Colorado huh im in the springs any good car shows up that way on the weekends .

Seems im the 1 and only z at any show i go to down here Kinda sucks as every import thinks they are better then me .

Oh i belong to the club in denver forgot to re sign for this year .

Jason

I'm far from being an expert in fluid dynamics but..... huh:confused:

Forcing more air through the radiator means you're increasing that air pressure. Fluid flow decreases with higher pressure.

Forcing more air through the radiator means you're increasing that air pressure. Fluid flow decreases with higher pressure.

Your first statement is certainly true. Your second statement about fluid flow is not complete enough to be applicable or true. Where you snoozing during that lecture?

Tom