HybridZ

Subframe connectors are in

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Jimbo, I'll look you up once your done with your car. If you could hook me up I could bring the car over. I want to see your car as well. Thanks dude.

The S&W kit is pre-notched but usually the pieces are too long anyway. I ground mine, used some extra pieces and traced the curve onto the piece I was going to cut and went from there. Messed up in one or two places though...

Tim240z: see this page, down in December. http://v8zcar.topcities.com/s30z/quo.htm

But for some reason my cage page has disappeared...

Owen

[ October 17, 2001: Message edited by: Owen ]

Originally posted by Tim240Z:

Question:

By mounting the cross bar in the hoop as per S&W instructions, does that interfere with the seats? Mike is that why you spaced it back? I want to connect my harness to that cross bar, so I don't want it too far back icon_rolleyes.gif

Tim,With the main hoop welded in the hollows, mounting the cross bar per S&W will not let your seats go back all the way. That's why I did it that way. I also have harnesses tided to the cross bar.

Guest Anonymous

Davy, sure I'll bring the car by when it has the really significant changes icon_biggrin.gif

As far as doing the work it's really about having the tools. In the long run I'll save money, and some of the upgrades you can't have done by a frame/body shop, so I was kinda forced into it. I think I've spent more on tools than actual upgrades icon_eek.gif but now I think I'm set for a while...

Take care.

jon

Jumbo...I always find it easier to cough up dough for tools, rather than parts etc, because they're an investment, which if you buy quality stuff (remember, it only hurts once, buy crap and it hurts again and again), it will be a one time investment in something you will use over and over.

Tim

Guest Anonymous

I feel the same way Tim. My dad was a mechanic and he always bought the quality tools. I did inherit lots of hand tools from him. Most of the really good stuff is still at mom's though, but it has semtimental value for her.

Don't you just love your welder? icon_biggrin.gif

Is this "tool time"? Have i come to the wrong plaace? Acouple pf things have come up hteta i can ad my bit too;

1. welding up sidedown under a car, well, It sucks!

2. notching roll cage tubes suck as well, without the right gear. I dont how anyone managed without tube notchers and air tools. I wouldnt even cosider it otherwise.

3. If you are going to go through the cage plate , why not make another one for the bottom of the tube to mount to as well?

Douglas