HybridZ

Jets leak??? Floats empty after a few days and must press throttle down to start

I've never been able to start a carbureted engine without pressing the throttle down to start, so I can't address this as a problem. IF this is a Holley (you've not supplied much information), gasket leaks are not uncommon. These could be the four bolt o-gaskets, the bowl gasket, or the accelerator pump gasket (or diaphram for that fact). Any of these could empty the bowl. The floats should stay empty though, 'cause if they fill up with gas, you've got even more problems. :-) The jets won't leak into the engine.

I've never been able to start a carbureted engine without pressing the throttle down to start, so I can't address this as a problem.

Well, all of them I've had including this one will start again say the same day without priming it. Since I changed the jets this one won't so that's how I know somethings up.