HybridZ

rear wheel arch size?

JimR

My question is in the tabco or vic. british catalog the rear wheel arch part. Dose that go all the way to the back of the car. In the picture it looks like it comes up a little short.My whole back part is rusted out do I need a doner car to cut that rear part off or does this part go all the way back. surly somebody has delt with this . Thanks Jim:icon56:

:flamedevi I am into replacing the archs in the Z at this time. I do have street flares on it. What we did was mark the inside line of the flare on the metal below it. We then removed the flare and cut the line that was made. After thet we got a stainless steel fender for a car trailer (you can get them at most farm products stores). We cut the fender in half (lengthwise) and used one part on the passenger side and the other part on the driver side. We set it up with just enough space, so that the flares would fit over it. We tapered it so that the bottom was only three inches wide and welded it in. We then cut and bent the inside metal (outer rear wheel housing fender) onto the new part. We then welded it all together. We plan on using paint on seam sealer and undercoating on to seal it. We almost have the passenger side done. We also had to replace the lower rear quarter panel that is located next to the door (rust). We are using POR-15 to seal this area before we close it. Good Luck, Rich.:wink:

Pics please....

:flamedevi I am into replacing the archs in the Z at this time. I do have street flares on it. What we did was mark the inside line of the flare on the metal below it. We then removed the flare and cut the line that was made. After thet we got a stainless steel fender for a car trailer (you can get them at most farm products stores). We cut the fender in half (lengthwise) and used one part on the passenger side and the other part on the driver side. We set it up with just enough space, so that the flares would fit over it. We tapered it so that the bottom was only three inches wide and welded it in. We then cut and bent the inside metal (outer rear wheel housing fender) onto the new part. We then welded it all together. We plan on using paint on seam sealer and undercoating on to seal it. We almost have the passenger side done. We also had to replace the lower rear quarter panel that is located next to the door (rust). We are using POR-15 to seal this area before we close it. Good Luck, Rich.:wink: