HybridZ

Proportioning valve?

Hey guys I have the Toyota vented rotors and calibers set up front and the maxima rear disc set up in the back. 79 280z master cylinder. Has anyone had any expirence with this set up and if so do I need a proportioning valve?

Nothing else has been changed.

Thanks

:flamedevi Before I forget, Have you removed the brake bias bar (pressure regulating valve) in the rear brake system in your Z yet. It is the one just before the T-bar (3-way tube connector) above the rear axles. If you haven't then you need to. What this does is keep some pressure on the rear brakes after you release the brake pedal. It helps to keep from locking up the rear brakes before the fronts. But it is designed for the drum brakes and not for disc brakes. You can add a brake bias valve (you can adjust by yourself) in the system, if you like (most people do). I have the 300ZX brakes upfront and 280ZX brakes in the back. I took out the valve out of the system and bent the line over and reconnected it. I do not have a self adjuster in it at this time. I do have good brakes that pull down even on a hard brake. I like it this way and race it this way. You can do it both ways, it is up to you and your taste. Good Luck, Rich.:wink: