HybridZ

Window glass slop---Binding ?????

5 Star Rising

I have a 75 280 standard Z. My drivers side door glass has been binding for a while when you try to roll it up or down and also rattling alot while driving. The other day I rolled it down and it would not roll up. I pulled apart my door panel to check it out. It looks like my window regulator may be tweaked and or weakend. I straightened the arms on the regulator abit but it did not help. Anyone have this problem with yours? What year cars have the same window regulator in them as my 75? (Junkyard bound). Any advice would help :confused: .... Thanks Rob

check the window roller-it mounts/clips under the outer stainless/rubber 'squeegee' strip at the base of the window. remove the strip carefully to see if the roller is there [near the mirror area]...

if not, that could be your problem. additionally, the window channel fuzzy may have slid down and/or bunched in the channel

Well I'm at work right now but, As far as I remember I did find a bunch of stuff at the bottom of the inside door. I remember finding a somewhat long felty roll or tube that was about 8 inches or so and also a bunch of debri that kind of looked like steel wool. would this be my roller and door fuzzy? Also there was a clip that mounted on the door metal under the stainless strip by the mirror. It was just clipped on the door with nothing attached to it. I was wondering what the purpose of that thing was..

the fuzzy stuff is probably what's left of your window channel fuzzy. the clip that's on the door under the window squegee is the remainder of your window roller. sounds like you need both; window channel fuzzy and window roller. fortunately, they are still available.

Well Im not a big fan of using a ton of used stuff when restoring a car but today I hit the jackpot at the local Pick-N Pull (junkyard) here in Cali. I happened to be at the right place at the right time when the forklift guy dropped off a Cherry 76 280Z. It looked like the engine had a fire.But everything else was in great shape. I got a window regulator,rollers,fuzzys, not to mention all the other stuff I have been shopping for new like the 2 front and rear bumper guards,mint interior plastic pieces,original stock radio,console,the car was complete but not when I was done with it.lol Thanks for the help fellas.... I put my new window reg and rollers in tonight and it worked like a charm.

Cheers :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...