HybridZ

N42/N42 combo good for turbo?

cybermecium

Are the stock dished pistons good for a 300HP turbo setup with an N42 block and N42 head? I plan on running a T3/T4 .72 ar stock ZXT intake and exhaust manifolds... How do the stock N42 dished pistons hold up in a turbo application? thanks

Jake

SEARCH NEWBIE.... j/p jake... its jon btw...

you should be good up to 300 on that setup, any more then the piston skirts start to fall apart

You will want to run a p-90 or p-90a(tick,tick) and possibley a 1mm or 2mm head gasket depending on your desired compression ratio. you cant run alot of boost with the 42/42 combo. I am currently in the final stages of fab work with my turbo car...which has a n42 lower end (stock pistons) that i outfitted with arp hardware, bearings, etc, etc...the ring lands are whats has me concerned but i guess I'll find out the outcome in about a week. search "Z Calculator" above and play with different heads on the n42 block until you find your desired compression ratio. My car will be running right at 6.8-7 so it will be a turd out of boost but im cool with that. I wanted something i could drive around nice and slow....then turn the boost controller up a little and have some fun. Also if you go p90 you already have the cam.