HybridZ

MY car wont start. Ive tried so much...Please help!

After reading all the posts on the link you provided, I did not see anyone mention checking the grounds. I have had two 280Z's that had the same problem you described. They would run fun one day then leave me at the side of the road scratching my head the next.

Other ground problems occur around the relay brackets under the dash. The relay metal casing have to have a solid ground to the body. You can use a 12V trouble light to probe around. Attach it to a good solid ground, turn the ignition key on and start probing around. Touch the case of the ECU and the relays. If the light comes on you have a ground problem.

If you can't start sometimes but it runs fine otherwise, it is most likely wiring. If you can't start one day, bring a spare wire, hook it to the solenoid and touch it to the battery, if it turns over, welcome to the nightmare of internal wiring problems.

If it won't turnover, then your grounds are probably getting rusty, remove ALL grounds from the battery and starter, clean and replace. If that doesn't fix it, a new starter, or rebuilding the starter might.

Good luck

• 3 months later...

Sounds like you have thrown alot of parts instead of diaging the problem. You probley could have paid the dealer the 1-2 hours to find the problem with the parts you changed. I hate to burst your bubble but if you don't know what your doing, maybe you should leave it to the professionals.

Lets see now, If you want to try away way and want to learn I will try to steer you the right way. First you changed the fuel pump, did you put a fuel gauge on it to see what the pressure was or is that just a guess. Did you check spark with a spark tester? Did you check compression. You need spark, compression and fuel . You need those 3 things to make an engine start, lets start with those. When I get a no start concern, I check the three basics first.