HybridZ

Project REALLY begins

V8_DatZun

Well after 2 years of gathering parts and saving money, my 280zx project finally REALLY begins. The interior has been totally stripped, no panels, carpet, dash, seats, or steering column. I am currently working on cleaning up the floor inside of the vehicle. there is one spot of rust that is pretty bad just infront of where the passanger seat was. Looks like a drain plug or something was there... a spot big enough to fit a baseball through, other than that the floor is solid except the spare tire well which im going to cut out anyway. The dash is going to be replaced by a custom dash i am slowly chipping away at (Thanks GuyAndARedhead for the tips in your post) Gauges are currently undecided but will definatly be some type of El Glow gauges. A rollcage will be incorporated which will TRY and be as concealed as possible while still providing the most strength possible. The seats (which i posted asking opinions about in another post) will either be some JDM racing style pvc seats i have seen with a baby seat mounted between and back of the seats, OR some sort of bench type seat arrangement from possibly a 96 + ford ranger that has the fold down arm rest in middle. Outside of the car I am looking VERY hard at FiberglassZ's IMSA box type flares for the Z, (they will soon have a zx version. these will help maintain the edgy styling of the ZX) also a shaved back bumper with corvette (or other undecided) style tail lights. shaved side markers, door handles, and antenna. Im still deciding on the big open mouth look in the front with some custom type chrome grille, or the msa type 3 air dam. also may try and adapt some type of gnose. If i can FIND a custom ZX fiberglass hood that i like that will be another upgrade. The color plans to be electric daytona blue with extra silver, charcoal, and black glitter with enough clearcoat to make it look wet even in the heat of a south georgia summer. rims are undecided but probably 20" in the rear and 18" in the front. 15" all way round for race time. All of this is going to be powered by the 383 stroker (that gets to come home with me this wednesday) that will be sitting in the bedliner coated engine bay. and a racing kit rebuilt 700r4. Sorry for the long post this is my first ZX project. Its been kind of dormant for a few years and just wanted to share my project plans for the body and interior. and i know it is worthless without pics. Pics will be coming soon and I will add them to this post. I have some work to do to the car tomorrow so Ill flash some digi's and get them up on here. Any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks

DUUUUDE I can't wait to see this car. I love me some s130s!!!! BTW consider Ferrari 308 Taillights? I think ZFiberglass.com makes a mold for it. or something similar to mine. If not I could take upclose detailed pics of my taillights or something.

what was that you said about the IMSA flares?? You've heard theyre going to make them for the s130?!!?

well.. i've spent around $6500 on the drive train already.. and only spent 400 dollars on the actual car... lol so 2 years later.. engine is finally finished. YESSSS man they are going to make the imsa flares for the zx soon... take a look at this link.. http://www.zfiberglass.com/id10.html and scroll down to the VERY bottom... says something like "soon to come many new air dams some which have NEVER been seen on the z or zx, stock fiberglass hoods for z and zx, PANTERA HATCH FOR THE ZX, IMSA FLARES FOR THE ZX" wooooohhhh cant wait.. lol i have two 280z's but i had the zx first.. knew NOTHING about z's or zx's.. never even SAW one.. i was like "WTF IS THAT??? a PORSCHE?" nope... not a porsche something that has the potential to be much better IMO and yea b__sosick if you could take a pic of those tail lights PM them to me.. ill def be posting pics soon.. didnt get a chance to work on the car tonite.. going to put bedliner in the engine bay tomorrow though.. so ill post b4 and after pics... thanks for the kind words guys.. still a long road ahead though lol.